Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow makes me shutter happy


A few hours after arriving in Vienna, I joined a group of three Chileans in conversation and went from there. We had a few beers and instead of sleeping early like the old, frugal traveler I've been, I went out on the town with a group of 21 and 22 year olds. We trekked over a mile through dumping snow to a bar where I instantly hit it off with a group of ex-pats. I danced up a storm, chatted a great deal and trekked back through the snow at about 4am. People kept buying my beers so I managed to stay frugal while giving up my early bedtime.

A late wakeup allowed me an energized day of wandering picturesque Vienna. I took an incredible amount of pictures. My inexperience with snow makes everything so much more exciting. Incredible architecture under a layer of snow and clear sky could not be beat.

A more mellow night, a 5 hour train trip, 2 hours lost wandering ( I will print directions next time) in Prague and I arrived at my current hostel. Today allowed for another day of beautiful architecture and a layer of snow. The snow continued to dump and it was about 20 degrees out. More pictures (uploads to come, I am borrowing a laptop) in Prague than in Vienna I believe. It's gorgeous here and I have two more days to explore. I don't think I will make it to the bone church, I will see how I'm feeling. Really loving this trip and all of the fellow travelers.

Love to all!

Ira

No comments: