Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What to write?

I keep thinking of things to put in this blog but I stop myself. At this point, I have no clue who will be reading my blog so I've been editing my thoughts based on who might be reading. Parents, friends, cousins, party buddies from college, co-workers, Peace Corps Volunteers (past, present and future), Peace Corps administration, ex-girlfriends, future girlfriends, my current boss (I have one more month of work) potential future bosses. Clearly, by editing for all of these people, I have been left with nothing to write.

The risk of posting anything on the internet is that anyone can read it. I've found other PC blogs and they've helped immensely regarding my mental preparation for Ghana. I'd like to do the same and in order to really share my full experience, I'll be sharing my thoughts and experiences while editing as little as possible. I've become accustomed to writing as though I'm writing an essay or writing an "HR appropriate," e-mail that it's hard for me to turn that internal edit off but I'd like to try. For all intents and purposes, this is my WARNING label. I hope not to offend anybody or make anybody uncomfortable. From what I've noticed reading other blogs, I'm sure a lot of my entries will be rushed and at times will try to compile 3 months worth of experiences into 3 paragraphs. I apologize in advance for grammatically incorrect sentences (they bug me so I'm sure they bug others), foul language and overt reference to my own bathroom experiences (seems to be a common topic amongst Ghana volunteers).

Potential future bosses, I'm sorry if I over expose myself here but if my Peace Corps blog somehow keeps you from wanting to hire me, I probably don't want to work for you.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ira, Your Aunt Emily is one of the people reading your blog. Glad you have thought about and addressed the world wide implications of your blog. Now I don't feel as if I am spying on you. If you know the world may be reading, you will not mind your Aunt Em reading along too. Looking forward, Love Aunt Em