Thursday, December 31, 2009

NYE in Paris










I am hoping to make it a second consecutive NYE without a fainting episode similar to my first NYE in Ghana. You know what I'm talking about.

My time in France has been absolutely incredible. It may not prepare me for the squalor of the rest of my trip as I have been filling up on champagne, foie gras and fine cheeses (thank you Jonathan and Annie). An incredible Christmas morning with stockings, fireplace and all was followed up with a seven course meal (photos are needed to give an idea). Too much wine at a game night on boxing day left me useless but content on the 27th.

My dad and I have since been to La Rochelle, Bordeaux and are now back up north in Paris. We have been a bit lost in each place but keep each other in good moods. We balance each other well. I like getting lost and then figuring it out. He does not like getting lost. I don't like spending money and will walk miles to avoid it. He doesn't mind spending money (works for both of us). We both like to eat and explore and can laugh at ourselves and at one another.

Tonight we have some NYE plans to figure out. The Eiffel tower will put on some sort of first ever light show that we hope to check out. Dad will leave early on the 2nd and I will kill a few days in Paris , hopefully picking up my passport from the VERY expensive Indian Visa office.

I am having a great time but am currently stealing wifi from a restaurant (and my food just arrived).

Love to all and happy new year!!

1 comment:

Hands Full said...

I like getting lost and figuring it out. And walking for hours but also spending money. We must all be related! It sounds wonderful. Love you guys.