Friday, May 9, 2008

Flooring video

This past week has been busy but I thought I'd try out the video portion before writing up the whole entry. This video shows part of the flooring process in Northern Ghana called Zoa. Women in Kpendua work all day (it's maybe 110 degrees) fetching dirt and water, spreading dirt and pounding the dirt into a firm floor for their housing compound. The following day, these women will stain the floor with the juices of a local plant and this process will protect their homes from erosion. I helped with the process(I was the only man) for fewer than two hours and spent the next two hours laying on the floor painfully dehydrated.

I hope the video works. These women are amazing and I literally got chills throughout.

Love to all

1 comment:

Lauren Kutzscher said...

that is a really cool video