Thursday, April 10, 2008

Full bead process

I wanted to pay proper attention to the arduous process of making a single bracelet or necklace.

Regarding my last post: I was nervous to travel with Kua and nervous to return to site after so much time away. Travel was a pain but after an hour or so of shaking nervousness, Kua relaxed, slept on my lap and received countless compliments. Many people even asked if they could buy her. Ghana is great!!

Regarding my Moringa project: the first two rows of seeds have germinated!! Within a few days, I'll know how many of the 600 have germinated. I continue to receive suggestions that I'm planting the seeds too close together. It's hard to argue with the former farmer of the year when I'm so inexperienced but I'm sticking with what I've learned from word of mouth and literature.

Now to the pictures!




























3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos Shag! I'm glad to see that things are going well in Ghana. The Whiskey Thieves lost to the Olympic Club tonight by one run in the bottom of the 6th inning. Tough loss. We miss your cannon in left field.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Cynthia Burt said...

Say hi to your Dad for us. My niece and I are looking at the beads that you sent and your pictures. We still can't quite figure out how they are made. If you have time can you tell us how they decorate the outside.
Please try and add a description of the process to go with the picture. It is a treat having some of the beads from your village. Joanne